Re: Qucs to KiCAD converter

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez
Meyer" <perezmeyer@...> wrote:

> Hello everyone! I am writing to both lists because I want to start a
> qucs-to-kicad converter. My goal is to fullfill the design pipeline
> starting from simulation to PCB design.
>
> I would like you to write any thought you may have about this, and, if
> possible, to tell me which files in each project have to be
> read/created, and if any documentation exists (I am trying to do this
> myself, but the truth is that I did not use qucs nor kicad too much,
> and I guess that you, being the developers, would have a better
> undertanding of your code :-) )
>
> Roucaries Bastien, from the Qucs project, has pointed me XSLT [0] to
> do the job. I am thinking in doing the converter to the next qucs
> major release, based on Qt4.
>
> Well, any thought would be appreciated.
>
> Regards, Lisandro.

I have written a converter from the TinyCAD schematics application to
KiCAD pcbnew. If what you want to do is to use Qucs for schematic
capture and simulation and then KiCAD pcbnew for the layout, looking
at my code would be enough to write the converter (if you know Qucs...)

My TinyCad to KiCAD conveter is written in Qt 4.1.4.
http://beischer.com/opencad/

// Magnus