Re: Re: CMake on Linux

Hi,

2008/2/6, Frank Bennett <bennett78@...>:

> Yes cmake seems to do the trick on the svn bits and I want to make
> a debuggable version...I'm new to cmake and something seems to
> be missing in the following....

You should probably read the how-to-build-kicad.txt from the main
directory. The steps are slightly changed in svn:
http://kicad.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kicad/trunk/kicad/how-to-build-kicad.txt?view=markup

> > 4) create the debug "out of source" makefile, with verbose option:
> > $ cd debug
> > $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 ../
> and I get:
> /s/opt/svn/kicad/debug# cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
> -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 ../
> -- Check for installed OpenGL -- found
> -- Check for installed Boost -- found
> -- Found wxWidgets: TRUE
> -- Check for installed wxWidgets -- found
> -- Check for installed zlib -- found
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /s/opt/svn/kicad
>
> > $ cd ..
> >
> There is nothing in debug or release at this point!
> My *.o's went in /s/opt/svn/kicad/*/CMakeFiles/*.dir/

$ cd <kicad-svn-root>
$ mkdir -p Build/Debug
$ cd Build/Debug
$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DwxWidgets_USE_DEBUG=ON
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 ../../

should do the trick under linux.

> Help!
>
> thanks,