Re: EEScheme Value position

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jean-pierre charras - INPG
<jean-pierre.charras@...> wrote:

> Frank Bennett a �crit :
> >
> > I posted a Test.sh shar script containing a EEscheme
> > test schematic, pro, lib and net file . The Test.sch file
> > contains an instance:
> >
> > $Comp
> > L R R3
> > U 1 1 00000000
> > P 3400 3400
> > F 0 "R3" H 3600 3400 90 0000 L T
> > F 1 "30K" H 3600 3500 90 0000 L T
> > X 1 3400 3400
> > X 1 0 0 -1
> > $EndComp
> >
> > Yet the schematic display shows 30K on Top of R3
> > R3 @(3600, 3300) Left Top
> > 30K @(3600, 3400) Left Top
> >
> > What's going on?
> >
> I tested this and found:
> R3 @(3600, 3400) Left Top
> 30K @(3600, 3300) Left Top
>
> This is one of some oddities of eeschema.
> For components, some coordinates use the standart Y axis orientation
> (from bottom to top).
> For field location, eeschema calculates the relative position for 30K
> (F1) field dy = 3500 - 3400 = 100 mils
> But screen uses reverse Y axis orientation (from top to bottom), and
the
> screen pos is 3400 + (-100) = 3300 mils
> this is due to the eeschema history.

jean-pierre:

I am generating library parts and schematic instances for
Edif2kicad. Where in the code or method I can use to produce
predictable coordinates for the reference and values given
the symbol position? Using the page orgin (upper left)
appears that a more negative y coordinate doesn't always mean
farther down the schematic page!

Frank