Re: EDA in a better (open and free) world :-)]

It seems that other EDA software developpers have the same
preoccupations :

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:design_flow_and_hierarchy_roadmap
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:tasks
Their roadmap seem to be very interesting!!!

http://qucs.sourceforge.net/road.html
Stage 3 : Improve interaction with other software (data conversion).

http://www.ktechlab.org/wiki/index.php?title=DEVEL:Feature_Request#File_format
Export : Export scheme to KiCad and GEDA.

http://www.freepcb.com/freepcb_user_guide.pdf
5.Importing Netlist Files into a Project ...You can also select the
file format (although currently only the PADS-PCB format is supported).

I'm not a developper, I just translate and maintain kicad
documentation, but, maybe, a common thought could be profitable for
all of us?

Remy.