Re: Fileformats and library

Yes, please put them in a zip file, or some other such archive. There
is something horribly inefficient about lots small files when one
large one will do.

Please define "inefficient" and what its costs are. We lose all the advantages of separation if we turn around and zip them back up. I am not in favor of this, at all. We'd be spinning our wheels!

Separate or combined? We are talking about SEPARATE!

I agree with your logic though, having separate
files for each symbol. Using an archive seems logical to get the
advantages of both, just takes a little more effort to implement.

Dick