Re: Fileformats and library

http://www.accelerated-designs.com/(S(rdiy2e55jhfjh445nadheknd))/Standards.aspx
> > with a neutral database, a library manager with revision control,
> > edit symbols/footprints once then export to the PCB design package
> > of choice. This would be real handy for Consultants that have to
> > re-design boards across different EDA platforms, adding new parts,
> > referencing/designing/importing symbols, footprints as their primary
> > design function. Not sure if Frank Frank would share his database
> > design, but he mentions the IPC-7351 standard.
> >
> > I mention this primarily as references for ideas. The world got
> > into this mess from the history that schematic and PCB layout
> > packages originated from separate proprietary sources.
> >

> Hi,
> Just for documentation, if needed :
> http://www.bartels.de/baelib/arizona.def
> http://www.bartels.de/baedoc/baelib_arizona_en.htm
> http://www.bartels.de/baedoc/bl_en.htm
>
> Regards.
> Remy

I just up loaded the description of the accelerated-designs neutral
database format:
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YGMDSMnEYkqVskCSN4yJUfGTMcWcM39ExaewmyOqR2jqWPyV0OKnUWEoZuO-2MzkegMMCG7aftTo1O47UH1cpsClalKFObVwM5cgnw/XLR_Format.html
IPC-7351 talks to footprints or patterns but Frank Frank also
uses this for symbols. This format is open and a good KiCad library
candidate. www.accelerated-design has an agreement with National
to use the binary version of the Vender Netral file (VNF) on there
web site to download a symbol/footprint for their parts.
http://www.national.com/cad/
where you can also give the demo Ultra-librarian version a spin.

Frank Bennett