Re: Re: Interested new developer

That patch is an improvement.

There were larger problems elsewhere in this file. The m_Ref field if it needs to hold ASCII rather than a wxString, should have been std::string. Why not use the C++ language at least in this basic way? Why not use a vector somewhere in here?

I committed it with some modifications of my own. This project needs some C++ coding standards. Such widespread use of upper case in automatic variable names is not natural to me. I would prefer to reserve uppercase variable names (i.e. first character thereof) to public globals, period.

It is all a bit de-motivating.

Dick

c w wrote:
OK, after a little bit of a vacation, I've change
theVariables to a more Hungarian notation. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, here's
the diff for your review.

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "panhandler13"
<panhandler13@...> wrote:

Sounds good to me, it'll give newbies like me a

place to learn the

style of the project :)

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jonas Diemer