Re: Re: Interested new developer

Wayne,

How is the coding standards document coming along?

Can you at least cut it down and get something out preliminarily?

Thanks,

Dick

If there is an agreement on a coding style in
discussion here, I have no problem on working to
update the wiki to reflect this.

--- Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

That patch is an improvement.

There were larger problems elsewhere in this file. The m_Ref field if it needs to hold ASCII rather than a wxString, should have been std::string. Why not use the C++ language at least in this basic way? Why not use a vector somewhere in here?

I committed it with some modifications of my own. This project needs some C++ coding standards. Such widespread use of upper case in automatic variable names is not natural to me. I would prefer to reserve uppercase variable names (i.e. first character thereof) to public globals, period.

It is all a bit de-motivating.

Dick

c w wrote:

OK, after a little bit of a vacation, I've change
theVariables to a more Hungarian notation. Constructive criticism is always appreciated,

here's

the diff for your review.

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "panhandler13"
<panhandler13@...> wrote:

Sounds good to me, it'll give newbies like me a

place to learn the

style of the project :)

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jonas Diemer

<diemer@> wrote:

Am Donnerstag 08 Mai 2008 06:04:39 schrieb

kajdas:

So do we have any preferences for the 'new

code'?

Maybe we should create a wiki page for Coding

Style, including

Dick's remarks

about uncrustify from a few weeks ago.

Best Regards,

Dick

I pray we can elect a U.S. President that has the
common sense to enforce our
existing immigration laws and stop the invasion from
Mexico.