Re: PNG icon set

2008/8/24 wafeliron <wafeliron@...>:
> Hello there,
> I tried some png icon hack on eeschema and it looked more recent than
> the orginal icons ( i used the icons from the gnome project). I hope
> you guys like it.
>
> http://kicaddoc.googlepages.com/
> see kicad_icons.zip for screenshots.

Probably want to build these into a library instead of using them
loose, as the info in the zip file suggests.

Can you make icons that match the gnome ones you want to use, for
where custom ones are needed?

I like the idea of improving the icons a bit, but will non-gnome users
like them? Are there more "neutral" ones that would be better? On
gnome it will look great and fit in. Of course on other platforms it
won't fit as well. Also, as you're planning on copying the gnome icons
(rather than using ones already on the users system), they might need
to be updated when icons are changed in gnome (else end up looking
dated, like running a windows 3.1 app).

Just thinking out loud,
Richard.