Re: [Fwd: Re: Binary distributions - who maintains?]

De: "manneveru" <manveru@...>
Date: Mer 27 août 2008 10:41
À: kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I build svn version successfully without errors, but currently there
is something wrong with debug version - when I want to run the binary
the pop-up dialogue informs me that code is build non-debug, against
debug wxWidgets. Strange.

I made some interesting changes to CMake files which simplifies
configuration, I plan to submit a .patch when I resolve problem with
debug. These is an issue with windres, which works only under certain
circumstances (mor on this problem later).

I am wondering whether I may release some windows installation binary
on sourceforge for let's say next release (when Jean Pierre decide
to)? These will be build under Windows.

I just uploaded (few hours ago ) kicad 2008-08-25-RC1a on
http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/

This is a Release Candidate, but i think it could be a final version.
Note this is a full install version for Windows and Linux (built under
CentOS 4.4)

If you are volunteer to upload a current version on sourceforge, thanks.
Note i believe the final version installation file must be a full install
(with docs and libs) stand alone file, not just binaries, because many
guys have problem when installing 2 or 3 packages (theys do not know what
is mandatory and what is not really usefull).
This is true for all versions of kicad (Windows, Linux, Mac)

Snapshots from snv must are binaries only, of course.

For the Windows build, do not forget to add unicows.dll to kicad binaries
and build wxMSW with unicows support (just rerun ./configure after adding
unicows.dll to mingw libs): it is necessary to run unicode version of
kicad under W98 (some users still have W98)

Build Windows versions under Windows is good.
I think binaries built under wine have problems and bugs (and they are not tested !)

Jean-Pierre Charras

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
46, Avenue Félix Viallet
38031 Grenoble Cedex

Follow ups