Re: Re: Versioning

Am Sonntag, 31. August 2008 07:53:55 schrieb Dick Hollenbeck:
> I'm not sure why folks are having a problem being different.  I for one,
> have never had a problem doing things differently than others, whether
> that be different from my neighbor or different from another software
> project, or different from another software company.

Again, it is not about not being different, it is about what users are usedto
and how they get confused least. I am pushing for a change because I had a
hard time with 3 websites and 5 "current" versions when I first noticed
KiCad.

But let me suggest a different solution: IMHO, it would be sufficient to at
least let the user know

- what versioning scheme is used (i.e. the date scheme)
- where to download the current stable release and/or dev snapshots

This info should go in prominent places, i.e. the front page AND the FAQ...

- Jonas