adding support for MS visual C++ 2005

I am currently makeing modifications to bring my copy of code to be
compatable with visual c++ 2005.

the prob i have is round is used everywhere and is posix only.

my oringal solution

#ifdef _MSC_VER//add support for round under visual C++ 2005 express
#ifndef _MSC_VER_FIX_
double round(double x){return(floor(x+0.5));}
float round(float x){return(floor(x+0.5));}
long double round(long double x){return(floor(x+0.5));}
#define _MSC_VER_FIX_
#endif
#endif

placed in fctsys.h because it was a high lvl header and coverd
everythign that had used round

but this didnt agree with the linker not a prob i have had before on
other projects.

so adding the above code block to each file using round works but is
a bit nasty as thers multiple copys of it now.

is there another header file that would be better.
would it be better to simply change round to floor(x+0.5)
i went to using this method now

my thougts are of possably commiting the changes and a build guide for
visual c++ one day so i am asking what would be the best accepted
practice for this with this project.

current progress log so far http://final.servegame.com/kicad.changelog.log

Follow ups