Re: New coding guidelines.

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> Thanks again for your catching this.
>
> I want to mention again that your diplomatic approach to this posting is
> very professional.

I approach working on Kicad the same way I would dealing with people at
work. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt before I
beat them over the head. Believe me, I raked more than my fair share of
people over the coals. Sometimes it was justified and sometimes it wasn't.

> I am part of another project, and that other project uses tabs. It may
> be that one of my recent commits had some tabs in it inadvertently
> because of a setting in my editor that did not get changed back for use
> with Kicad. If that happened, please understand it was not intentional.

I'm not a big fan of tabs myself. I hate having to change my setting to
get code line up correctly in my editor.

> It is still my desire to use spaces for indenting for this project, and
> this is in the uncrustify.cfg file as you astutely point out, put there
> deliberately by ME.
>
> That other project cannot capture my long term loyalty, tabs are a
> partial reason.
>
> Thanks for *your* fine help in this project. Maybe we should elect you
> as our foremost diplomat.

This definitely falls under the category of "Be careful what you wish
for". All joking aside, I just want to help make Kicad the best it can
be. I wish I could devote more time to the project. I use Kicad
professionally and want to give as much back as I can.

Wayne