Re: Library work

2009/2/23 Vesa Solonen <vsolonen@...>:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Manveru wrote:

>> At this point I just think up that symbol/module editor should offer a
>> function "Submit to review by community...", which publish work of
>> user on a web page where I could be voted and commented, before it
>> would be committed to the official library.
>
> Separate git branches would allow this realized easily... Time to time
> just merge 'all good' stuff to official tree.

Well, little comment here: I was thinking about more a button in
symbol editor application than technical implementation in repository
system. We should not force a user to install git only for submitting
element they just created. I was looking for opportunity to expand the
library fast, but having quality on mind. Observations on other
projects seems to show collaboration by voting as good choice for such
process. As an example let look at translations service available on
launchpad.net.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...