Re: Vector fonts

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marco Serantoni" <marco.serantoni@...>wrote:

> Because is usable also for "images" like logos to be placed on the boards.

Uhmmm... but then gerbers can't fill reliably... I was thinking about a zone-fill like solution for importing bitmaps (parallel lines...).

> I agree with you that freetype guarantees a better (re)soluction and a more direct approach.

It seemed funny (to say the least :D) to rasterize a bezier image just for potracing it back in bezier form:P:P

> Are you able to do some proof of concepts about freetype to polygon conversion ?

I could try something these days if I find some time...