Re: Re: [PCBNEW] Import png, jpeg or svg or dxf ?

--0016367b6de60db890046c8f9e97 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

2009/6/17 Lorenzo <lomarcan@...>

> [...]
>
> And anyway we are not cloning Illustrator or Freehand...
>
> I think that a simple bitmap (bilevel PNG for example) import would be
> useful for logos and such things (Eagle has the Altera logo in library,
> IIRC).
> A simple scan conversion would generate an array of 'stripes', like the
> zone filler... line size would be a 'scale' factor to be specified; I could
> hack such a converter in little time, maybe as a contrib script would be
> useful.
>
> If you need to import a jpg/svg/whatever, there are already a lot of tools
> around (ImageMagick for example).

I think some people expect too much from EDA tool, for logos on PCB simple
vector entities on description layer are enough - so having modules which
could draw on description layers will allow to prepare logos for companies
or engineers who want them.

For the bitmap/vector import in KiCad I would rather see it as a decal
option, than ability to export for production. This would be a tool for
reverse engineering for photographed or scanned PCB images, etc.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...

quote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 2=
04); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

left;">

=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
And anyway we are not cloning Illustrator or Freehand...<br>
I think that a simple bitmap (bilevel PNG for example) import would be usef=
ul for logos and such things (Eagle has the Altera logo in library, IIRC).<=
br>
A simple scan conversion would generate an array of &#39;stripes&#39;, like=
the zone filler... line size would be a &#39;scale&#39; factor to be speci=
fied; I could hack such a converter in little time, maybe as a contrib scri=
pt would be useful.<br>

If you need to import a jpg/svg/whatever, there are already a lot of tools =
around (ImageMagick for example).<br>
ink some people expect too much from EDA tool, for logos on PCB simple vect=
or entities on description layer are enough - so having modules which could=
draw on description layers will allow to prepare logos for companies or en=
gineers who want them.<br>
option, than ability to export for production. This would be a tool for rev=
erse engineering for photographed or scanned PCB images, etc.<br><br>-- <br=

 --0016367b6de60db890046c8f9e97--