Re: Layers visibility [1 Attachment]

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Manveru <manveru@...> wrote:

> 2009/5/30 Gabriele Oberhammer <gabriele@...>:
> > [Attachment(s) from Gabriele Oberhammer included below]
> >
> > Dear Kicad developers,
> >
> > I wish to suggest a little change in the way layers visibility is managed.
> > I've already done some work, which you can see in the attached screenshoot.
> > Basically, this is what I propose:
> >
> > - create a new right vertical toolbar (called LayersToolbar or whatever
> > makes sense) to
> > make layers visible/invisible directly (instead of doing Preferences->Color
> > and
> > Visibility->check/uncheck->Apply)
> >
> > - change the 'Colors and Visibility' dialog so checking/unchecking layers
> > will chose which
> > layer visibilities are managed by the LayersToolbar.
> >
> > - add a new tool on the left toolbar to show/hide the LayerToolbar
> >
> > Obviously the proposed LayersToolbar could be extended to manage the layers
> > 'Tech' and
> > 'Others' and/or display a little square near the layer name painted in the
> > layer color.

I'm jumping in here late but it seems the left toolbar is
getting a little crowed and maybe a couple visibility items
could move or duplicated to the layersToolbar:
o show/don't show zones filled
o show/don't show general rat's nest

Then also inches/mm/polar/cursor shape are not changed very often
and preferences menu might be a better home.

-Frank