Re: Aperture allocation

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jean-pierre charras <jean-pierre.charras@...> wrote:

> This is not mandatory, but this was considered as a "good practice".
> Perhaps DRC and others controls at gerber lever are easier.

Uhmmm... maybe on the days with mechanical apertures there were slots optimized for tracing and slots optimized for flashing?

Distinguish them parsing the Gerber is trivial, since flashes are used ONLYfor D03. There are some flying probe testers that 'latch' on D03 coordinates (BTW our assembly shop requires the GenCAD format for that service :P)

Anyway I'll leave it in place, it can't give any trouble IMHO