Re: Add bezier curves support [3 Attachments]

> Marco Serantoni wrote:
> > This is a preliminary patch to add support to bezier curves draw and
> > conversion to gr_graphics,
> > i've done a couple of hacks to look how it looks and the curve seems
> > enough smooth.
> > In the curve in attachement 35 points are used.
> Looks good from my perspective. What features do you anticipate need to
> be added which will generate the bezier data points themselves? I
> assume you hand edited the input file for now?
>
> Which future code do you expect would be a client/user of this code in
> this patch?

Is a prerequisite for importing a lot of vectorial formats, starting with SVG passing for potrace and TT fonts, transform this basic vectorial function in a format supported by gerber or HPGL.
I expect at least this kind of functions be client/user of this code.

In the future if we choose to use wxGC we can use its native way to plot those curves and rasterize them to polylines where not supported by the media.

This afternoon i will post a wider patch for eeschema that makes possible acorrect visualizzation and plot of this PATH element.
I've done nothing for manually creating them, simply i wait suggestions from how to make interact the user with this element.

I'd want to start to implement it in pcbnew in the next days, if someone has suggestions..

--
Marco