Re: Re: Generic Object Properties Dialog

--0016e6d56694987284046d3da7e8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

2009/6/26 Marco Serantoni <marco.serantoni@...>

> --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <kicad-devel%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Manveru <manveru@...> wrote:
> > I think idea how user sees the dialog (dioiioib) is different than idea
> how
> > it has to be implemented (Dick). I think every class of maintainable
> objects
> > should have separate dialog in terms of widgets layout. But the window
> > showing the layout could be the same exchanging what is displayed. GTK+
> has
> > a reparent feature, I don't know whether wxWidgets have such.
>
> wxWidgets have the possibility of reparenting with wxAUI, there also also
> wxMiniFrame or wxCollapsiblePane that coulb be suitable to do this kind of
> job.
>
> I personally think we should keep attention to avoid the "photoshop" effect
> where users heavvly use keyboard shortcuts because UI is too click-expensive
> or because floating windows loose focus.
>
> --
> Marco

Shortcuts make work much more reliable. But some panes like in Inkscape
could be very very useful, as digging for some options during operating on
PCB is sometimes time consuming task. I would like to have an shortcut to
quicky show and hide such pane.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...

tr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:marco.serantoni@...";>marco.serantoni@gmail.=
t: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1=
ex;">

left;">

=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20
groups.com" target=3D"_blank">kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>, Manveru &lt;=
manveru@...&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; I think idea how user sees the dialog (dioiioib) is different than ide=
a how<br>
&gt; it has to be implemented (Dick). I think every class of maintainable o=
bjects<br>
&gt; should have separate dialog in terms of widgets layout. But the window=
&gt; showing the layout could be the same exchanging what is displayed. GTK=
+ has<br>
&gt; a reparent feature, I don&#39;t know whether wxWidgets have such.<br>
wxWidgets have the possibility of reparenting with wxAUI, there also also w=
xMiniFrame or wxCollapsiblePane that coulb be suitable to do this kind of j=
ob.<br>
I personally think we should keep attention to avoid the &quot;photoshop&qu=
ot; effect where users heavvly use keyboard shortcuts because UI is too cli=
ck-expensive or because floating windows loose focus.<br>
--<br>
Marco<br>

=20

=20=20=20=20
h more reliable. But some panes like in Inkscape could be very very useful,=
as digging for some options during operating on PCB is sometimes time cons=
uming task. I would like to have an shortcut to quicky show and hide such p=
ane.<br>
br>
 --0016e6d56694987284046d3da7e8--