Re: Component library editor improvements.

Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
I just committed my latest round of component library editor
improvements and I wanted to get some input from the group before
starting on the next round of changes.

Selecting blocks in the component library editor currently ignores
fields. This behavior seem counter intuitive to me. When I select the
entire component, I expect the fields to be moved along with draw items.
If no one objects, I will implement this behavior.

Merging the component library document file (dcm) and the component
library file (lib) has been discussed before here:

I am not going to rehash this discussion. However, it would simplify
the component library code if there was a single component library file.
Since nothing has changed since this discussion took place I am willing
to work on some of this as part of component library editor
improvements. I am proposing to merge the two files if the component
library file is version 2 or earlier. I propose changing the current
alias definition format from:

ALIAS 74HCT02 7402 74LS28

( above currently in *.lib )

$CMP 74HCT02
D Quad Nor2
K HCTMOS Nor2
F path/to/doc.file
$ENDCMP

$CMP 7402
D Quad Nor2
K TTL Nor2
$ENDCMP

( above currently in *.dcm )

to only in *.lib:

$ALIASLIST
$CMP 74HCT02
D Quad Nor2
K HCTMOS Nor2
F path/to/doc.file
$ENDCMP
$CMP 7402
D Quad Nor2
K TTL Nor2
$ENDCMP
$CMP 74LS28
$ENDCMP
$ENDALIASLIST

If no one objects to these changes, I will implement them as part of the
the next few rounds of component library editor improvements.

Wayne

You have my vote of confidence (even though my ignorance of the subject makes me unable to endorse based on technical merit alone). No objections. I figured some feedback was better than dead silence.

Dick