Re: Boost headers, again

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

There are unnecessary difficulties with the way we are asking developers
and builders to provide the Boost headers:

1) The CMake find boost script seems to want all the compiled stuff,
even though we only need the headers.

2) The installation is cumbersome on some platforms, and varied, making
it difficult to provide a cohesive set of instructions.

My suggestion after reviewing the Boost Software License, found here:

http://www.boost. org/LICENSE_ 1_0.txt <http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt>

is that we simply include the headers that we need in the Kicad tree,
and I want to put them in include/boost

I volunteer to do this and clean up the entire boost mess during the
next two weeks if there are no objections.

I plan on putting the headers we need in include/boost along with the
Boost Software License.

In the end, folks just wishing to compile the system, will not even know
that boost is being used.

Dick

I agree.
I am currently using this on my computer (and removed the boost detection in the CmakeLists.txt file I copied the needed boost files in my working kicad devel directory. and use them. I did not cleanup the boost files, just copied the full subdirectories needed by the compilation, when a needed file was in a given sub directory
(these boost files use 12 Mo )

If you want, i can commit these files

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
Grenoble France