Re: Boost headers, again

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> jean-pierre charras - INPG wrote:
>>>
>> I agree.
>> I am currently using this on my computer (and removed the boost
>> detection in the CmakeLists.txt file
>> I copied the needed boost files in my working kicad devel directory. and
>> use them.
>> I did not cleanup the boost files, just copied the full subdirectories
>> needed by the compilation, when a needed file was in a given sub directory
>> (these boost files use 12 Mo )
>>
>> If you want, i can commit these files
>>

> Hold on, please take a quick look at this:
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.externals.html
>

> Don't know if this can be used, it might be more maintable, and make our
> repo smaller.

This seems like a much more elegant solution to me. I just checked and
Boost uses Subversion so it should work with too much problem. The URL
is http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk. I don't know what the issues
may be if we change our VCS. There has been some discussion about using
Lauchpad which uses Bazaar as it's VCS.

Wayne