Re: New contributor

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > I would like to introduce the developer's list to Mr.
> >
> > Isaac Marino Bavaresco
> >
> > who has taken an interest in contributing to Kicad. Isaac seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and has been giving me some of his ideas via personal email. I would like for this process to continue on the list.
> >

> > He will be coding the layer selection/enable/colors toolpanel that we talked about 2 months ago. Gabriele has disappeared, and Isaac seems to have the issue well in hand.
> >

> > Dick
> >

> Jean Pierre,
>

> I should mention that Isaac is also doing something that will
> incorporate the functionality of your recent "Copper Layers Dialog", but
> possibly somewhat differently. So I would not spend any more time on
> that if I were you. I think we should give Isaac some leeway to choose
> between what you have and what he has in mind. Isaac, don't make me
> look bad now.... :)
>

> Dick

Dick,

I'm writing an answer to your private e-mail right now (it may take some time).

I'm pondering about your comments and trying to adapt my ideas to the concepts already in use, so I don't bring up something too different or disruptive.

Some of my ideas should be put aside for a while, until they are more mature. Perhaps I should concentrate on a sub-set of them to give faster and more useful results.

Best regards,

Isaac