Re: Re: Library work and project librarian?

--0016e6d7e0a9c49bbe0474c9822b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

2009/9/30 Mateusz <komorkiewicz@...>

> [...]What "perfect" means for me? I believe a perfect system would be a
> system with a central database on web server. User would download the list
> of available libraries from server and then choose what he want to download
> (same like apt-get works in ubuntu). Such a system should also provide users
> with ability of easily share their libraries with other users by pressing
> just "upload my library" button (now all additional libraries are scattered
> all over internet).
> [...]

Generally speaking you have similar idea to my. What is missing in KiCad's
libraries are categories - items are not classified regarding to their roles
(amplifiers, dacs, memories, etc.). The filenames currently in use are not
enough in my opinion. The fact KiCad needs to add some additional files to
have additional libraries manually is not very convenient. Searching for
elements should be more intuitive.

The standardization of drawing rules is a must, to get professional library
at some stage in a future. Currently different elements have symbols of
different sizes drawn in many styles; even chips from same family do not
keep style.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...

pan><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid r=
gb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

left;">

a perfect system would be a system with a central database on web server. U=
ser would download the list of available libraries from server and then cho=
ose what he want to download (same like apt-get works in ubuntu). Such a sy=
stem should also provide users with ability of easily share their libraries=
with other users by pressing just &quot;upload my library&quot; button (no=
w all additional libraries are scattered all over internet).<br>
ally speaking you have similar idea to my. What is missing in KiCad&#39;s l=
ibraries are categories - items are not classified regarding to their roles=
(amplifiers, dacs, memories, etc.). The filenames currently in use are not=
enough in my opinion. The fact KiCad needs to add some additional files to=
have additional libraries manually is not very convenient. Searching for e=
lements should be more intuitive.<br>
rary at some stage in a future. Currently different elements have symbols o=
f different sizes drawn in many styles; even chips from same family do not =
keep style.<br>
br>
 --0016e6d7e0a9c49bbe0474c9822b--