Re: Libraries - files and components naming policy

Brian I do agree with you! Maybe lets stay with integers (letters in BGA only)

The question is do we want to have a large component library (eg. differentsymbols for NPN transistors with different pinouts ) or do we want to havea large set of different (eg. TO92) modules footprints.

I believe we should try to keep the footprints library as small as possible.

It is also true, that in some cases (eg. ATMEGA8) the pinout of same devices is totally different depending on the package (DIP vs TSSOP).

So we have to modify the component naming policy, the problem is, this would lead us to very long and distracting names (like atmega8-tssop32, atmega8-dip20).