Re: Regression in eeschema

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lorenzo" <lomarcan@...> wrote:

> > Components don't seem to be electrically present.
> >
> > When drawing a wire, a single left-click on a component pin no longer terminates the wire. A left click on another wire still terminates.
> >
> > Netlist generation dumps empty bodies for the components (no pin -> netentries).
> >
> > Running Ubuntu Jaunty. Regression occurred some time between r1965 andr1999. Sorry I can't be more specific.
>
> I confirm the problem. This is BIG a stopper IMO! I nobody is working on it right NOW I could look in that (suggestion on where to look are welcome obviously :D)
>
> IIRC it already happened a while ago a similar bug (you had to rewire thecomponent, now it just doesn't work. Ever)

If you can recreate the problem, then (if one of the other developers can give you a clue where to look), it would be great if you could debug it. Because nobody else responded to this, and because the bug manifests itself in a very obvious way, I assumed it was a build issue with my particular setup. A lot of things changed between those two subversion revisions, like the project sucking in the required boost libraries, etc. If they missed some library files, and the boost they used is different than the boost I use, maybe that could cause a problem.

So, if not very many people are seeing the issue, my best guess is that it is an un-caught dependency issue, and it might be invaluable for someone who can actually see the problem on his setup to try to figure it out.

Regards,
Pat