Re: Re: Regression in eeschema

jean-pierre.charras@... wrote:

> Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>>
>> > GetNextPin is actually a wrapper for GetNextDrawItem. .. THAT uses a
>> STL/BOOST container (m_Drawing). Now I'm too hungry to get how it
>> works, anyway:D
>>
>> It looks like I'm the culprit. The problem is that the draw items are
>> no longer linked using the base class EDA_BaseStruct but now use the
>> Boost ptr_vector container. I was sure I removed all of the old
>> behavior but a may have missed it somewhere. Let me take a quick look
>> at this a see if I can figure out whats wrong.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
> I fixed the problem.
> (just GetNextDrawItem(param) did not initialize correctly the search
> when the parameter is NULL)

JP,

Thanks for fixing this.

> But there are no culprit.
> Eeschema and Pcbnew have a *lot* of changes and enhancements last days.
> And i am thinking there is *very few* bugs , if we consider the amount
> of changes.

I knew there was going to be some issues due to the complexity of the
code that I cleaned up. These changes really need to be done just to
make adding new features to the component library objects more
reasonable task. I don't feel too bad about some of minor breakage that
the changes to the component library code caused. I'm actually
surprised there weren't more problems.

> But of course some bugs cannot be avoid , and some guys think bugs are
> for Windows compatibility.

We surely want to maintain our Windows computability:)

> (Also, in France we said: only guys who do nothing are never wrong).

In the states we have the same saying, "The only people who don't make
mistakes are the one's who don't do anything".

> Wayne, you are doing a very good work.

Thanks. I think anyone who looks at where the component library code
was before I started cleaning it up would agree that it is a lot easier
to use and understand then it was before. I'm nearly done with the
component library object code. I plan to make similar improvements to
the schematic component objects. There is a lot more work that needs to
be done to clean up and simplified in the Kicad code base. I will
continue to make code improvements and try to keep the breakage to a
minimum;)

Wayne