Re: Kicad libraries for pcbnew

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, viking632 wrote:

I've been working on some pcbnew (physical package) libraries for kicad.

I took a brief look at them and they are fine and very needed addition. Solder mask cutouts that overlap need some consideration I think. Should they be cut open in one piece to avoid manufacturing warnings? I don't certainly know what's the practice, but this just came to my mind.

IMO the scripted method for making the land patterns is very much preferred to anyting else. Please keep up the good work.

-Vesa