Re: Re: Metric and English grids sizes.

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> jean-pierre charras - INPG wrote:
>> Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

<< snipped >>

>> So grid sizes must be given
>> - always in inches or decimils but using a floating point value, for non
>> integer values as needed for metric grids
>> - or as an integer in decimils or um units and give the used unit (um ou
>> decimil) as parameter
>>

> If I understand your concern then Jean-Pierre, we can use Lorenzo's
> concept but just have to provide enough information in the file. If we
> are going to support a true "metric only" grid mode, then providing the
> engineering units in the file is a way to remember both the mode and the
> interpretation of the magnitude.
>
> Along with the grid offset :)
>
> Dick

I want to correct a error in the information I gave about where the
current grid setting was saved. It is saved in the application settings
not the project file as I had originally thought. I've been looking at
way too many lines of code lately. Think I have found the problem so I
should have a fix shortly so that adding new grid size command IDs will
be transparent as long as they are added sequentially. I removed the
switching between the metric and imperial grid sizes on unit selection
in my dev branch but it would be fairly trivial to put it back if that
is the preference.