kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Grid origin proof of concept
I uploaded the file gridorigin-r2010.diff.gz
Only slightly tested (but is a really simple patch anyway).
- I added the tool under the aux axis tool, with the same icon. It could beput under the show grid button maybe. With a new icon :P
- There may be some fuzz in the patch because I also have other in house modifications. Please note in pcbnew/tool_pcb there are some AddSeparator tagged to removal; I kept it to avoid invalidating the patch (I removed separators to be able the use the 800x480 screen on the EEE);
- I flagged the m_UserGridIsON. It seems to be unused;
- The juice of the computation is in common/zoom.cpp. That seems to be the only place involved with grid computations;
- The origin is not saved in the .brd file. I'm not sure if it could be useful... anyway I thing pcbnew/ioascii.cpp is the place to look into for it.
Hope to make Dick and other people happy :P (I'm already using this :D)