Re: [AUI Patch]

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:
> > Marco,
> >
> > I will commit this patch if you do 3 things, two in the topmost
> >
> > CMakeList.txt file, and one in the CMakeModules/config.h.cmake file:
> >

> > 1) Add the test for aui in the find wxWidgets macro.
> >
> > 2) Provide a mechanism to allow the user to select the KICAD_AUIMANAGER
> > setting, either 0 or 1.
> >
> > 3) add KICAD_AUIMANAGER setting to CMakeModules/config.h.cmake which is
> > rewritten by CMake after user picks the choice you provided in 2) above.
> >

> > And please regenerate your patch against the latest SVN head at that time.
>
> I did not hear from Marco, so before we diverged too far:
>
> I committed his patch, but am deferring the needed changes to the
> topmost CMakeLists.txt file for another time. (Soon)
>
> See my temporary comment in the top of the wxstruct.h file.

Thank you Dick,
I understand your need for a single option and i think is an acceptable thing, but let me explain the reason that has make me do two.

AUI Toolbar is a forced way for Mac, the native toolbar doesn't allow us tointeract with some items: Combobox and Textfields, are not shown correctlyin wx2.9 and aren't going to.
WX-2.9 is a strict requirement to make code for all OSX platforms (x86, x86_64, ppc).

AUI Manager is something that could semplify the code for all platforms, avoiding code to "recalculate" position and size and let it be done by a standard library freeing the code from spurious Refresh.
Moreover could be used tomorrow for undockable panels and lets possible addnew objects dinamically.

We could change KICAD_AUITOOLBAR with def(__WXOSX_COCOA__) if you want to simplify the choice.

--
Marco