Re: PCB Layer Stackup UI

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

<<< snipped >>>

> If we go this way, instead of committing to an unlimited number of
> layers, lets limit it to some number <=255, that way we can hold your
> layer numbers in a uint8_t byte array. Specctra DSN has a limit of 255
> layers also. Maybe we could use bit 7 of the layer number as the
> non-copper flag. This way we could handle 128 non copper layers and 127
> copper layers.

Dick,

FYI. stdint.h is not defined in MS VC++ so using uint8_t will not compile.wxUInt8 is defined in <wx/defs.h> so that may be a more portable solution. I haven't seen an equivalent in Boost either. I have seen a version of stdint.h for MS VC++ on the internet but I'm not sure of the quality or howportable it is between the different versions of VC++.

Wayne

<<< snipped >>>