Re: Stroke font [2 Attachments]

2009/12/21 Vladimir Uryvaev <vovanius@...>:
> I have draft version (full ASCII set and some accented letters) of stroke font
> as eeschema lib and simlple AWK script to
> convert it to current internal (Hershey) format. Currently font metric is
> exactly the same as Hersheys, but is subject to small changes.
> Comparison between Hersheys and draft in attached SVG. Here also converted .h
> file which
> can be easily inserted to project if you like to test it.

Fonts on lower lines are close to that technical type I've learnt on
my technical drawing course.

I have two questions in the area of fonts in KiCad:

1. How hard would be adding polish accented characters? (Unicode
0x104-0x106, 0x118, 0x119, 0x141-0x144, 0xd3, 0xf3, 0x15a, 0x15b,
0x179-0x17c) Do you have any tool to design that?

2. Is there any escape sequence for ~ character? I would like to type
~230V, but I get underscored 230V - in PADS as far as I remember the
underscore character was \ (backslash).

Regards,
--
Manveru