Re: We should decide a quoting convention...

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lorenzo" <lomarcan@...> wrote:

> ... for strings inside data files.
>
> pcbnew eats texts containing "
> eeschema IIRC fails with strings beginning with #
> The \n notation for multiline text had issues too IIRC (but maybe it's fixed now)
>
> Also cvpcb truncates the names containing extended characters
>
> Keep that in mind for the 'new' file I/O system :P

I think we should get some escape coding which translates dangerous symbolsto safe ones, like it done in SLIP protocol.
For example, sequence of "`" (grave) character followed by character with code n, should be treated as character code (n^0x20). So symbols get these escape codes: '\n' -> '`J', '"' -> '`b', '#' -> '`c', '`' -> '` ' etc.