Re: Re: Kicad's Dialogs

emmedics4 wrote:
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

emmedics4 wrote:

I'm looking to various dialogs in kicad are positioned in various parts of the screen depending on which is and is very annoying.
Change on this behaviuor could be easy to fix using wxWindow::CentreOnParent().
>From what i know dialogs are cured by Dick i wish know if he agrees on this change and in this case if he prefers i can prepare a patch to fix this behaviour.

I have two monitors, each 28" wide. (And it still seems like I am going blind.) I don't always want dialogs to appear on top of my work, so I have started implementing
retentative dialog coordinates:
where the dialog remembers its last size and position. This way the The only improvement I can think of to this and one which dove-tails in your idea, is to call CentreOnParent() on the first showing of the dialog. However, I think you might be seeing a platform specific artifact. Usually the dialogs I see are centered on the parent even without this call.

That could be great, do you think to make the "retentative dialog coordinates" switchable in the configuration dialog ?

No. I said I was 100 % sold on it.