Re: Proposal of change of application preferences [2

Marco Serantoni wrote:
I wish to propose a rearrangement of the application preferences, i've implemented one possible soluction to show how could be.
At the moment configuration options are fragmented and a bit confusing for the user. Target of this rearrangment is to have two central configuration points, one for the application and in future also another one for the project.
Another goal of this change is also regain room space in the menu bar for future uses.

Has someone suggestions, ideas, vetos or opinions on subject ?

--
Marco

The bitmaps where not clear enough for me to formulate an opinion.

The important one is the dialog window. Just curious, what is your screen resolution?

The bitmaps look like screen shots, but they are blurry.

One of the problems I don't want to get into with the tabbed dialogs is blending all the source code together from each tab, into one file. Avoiding this in a tabbed dialog is tricky, but I think it needs to be done. Otherwise you end up with something that is too hard to maintain and something that I would not like. Maybe the code can be associated with a wxPanel rather than a wxDialog, and then the derived wxPanels can somehow be combined into a tabbed dialog.

Can you proposal address this concern?

Dick