Re: Lastest SVN versions: Edited net names not showing

Iñigo wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@...
> <mailto:stambaughw@...>> wrote:
>

> Iñigo wrote:
> >> Hello:
> >>

> >> First of all, I'm working with the Windows version on Windows 7.
> >>
> >> - Open the pic_programmer example.
> >>
> >> - Open eeschema.
> >>
> >> - Select any net label
> >>
> >> - Edit the net label name
> >>
> >> - New name does not show. Refresh the display doesn't help.
> >>
> >> - Close eeschema and open it again: edited net name appears
> correctly now.
> >
> > Hello:
> >
> > Problem is still there in the latest SVN versions. Tested in two
> > different machines, Windows 7 and Windows XP.
>
> Inigo,
>
> I followed the steps above and I cannot duplicate this problem on
> Windows XP, Kicad svn r2248, wxWidgets 2.8.10, MingGW gcc 3.4.5, debug
> and release builds. I tried selecting the net label by double clicking,
> hot key, and context menu and the label name always refreshes when I
> dismiss the label properties dialog. If you are using the latest
> Windows snapshot from the Kicad wiki, then it appears that this problem
> has been fixed since SVN r1641. If you are building from the latest SVN
> source then some additional information will be needed to duplicate this
> problem.
>
> Wayne
>

> Hi:
>
> I don't build the source myself, I have downloaded today's version from
> kicad.1301.cz <http://kicad.1301.cz> and I have the same behavior. Very
> strange.

I just downloaded r2248 from the link above and when I attempt to run
eeschema it complains that wxbase28u_gcc_custom.dll is missing. Whoever
provides these development versions needs to make the DLLs available. I
always build Kicad with the static wxWidgets libraries on Windows so
that could be a problem. Anyone else out there using wxWidgets DLLs on
Windows? Maybe you could get whoever provides these snapshots to build
against the wxWidgets static libraries to see if that fixes the problem.

Wayne