Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

On Friday 22 January 2010, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> I can't image doing any useful CAD work at 640 x 480. My
> cell phone has better resolution than that but I don't see
> myself laying out any PCBs on it. Even 1024 x 768 would be
> painful. I believe Dick's thinking is not just about the
> available drawing area but also what is the minimum
> reasonable size that dialogs have to fit into as well.

I'm sure he is. That's the point. There is a bad trend in
modern software to assume screens are huge and take up lots of
space with dialogs, buttons, and menus. The result is that even
with a big screen, it still seems like 640x480, because that's
all that is left for the drawing area. I'm not picking on
anyone in particular here, just making a general observation.