Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:
> We need an MRSR. This will allow us to do testing at that resolution,
> and to design dialogs that are *guaranteed* to look good on that kind of
> computer.
>
> I suggest that for year 2010 it be
>
> 1280x1024 pixels

...Then we also need Maximum Recomended Font Size, Recommended GUI Theme, Recommended Desktop Layout etc... :) Do not forget that window sizes greatlychanges with all these parameters. Better use some 'relative' parameter, like 'lines of text with widget borders'.

Regardless of screen size huge dialogs isn't a good idea: they're hard to understand and operate.

And, as for me, I use compact 12" laptop with 1024x768px resolution screen and very happy with it. CAD is comfortable enough so I have no reason for greater resolution. Also the reason to keep low-resolution compatibility is educational use: students often haven't modern PCs.