Re: Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

vladimir_uryvaev wrote:
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

We need an MRSR. This will allow us to do testing at that resolution, and to design dialogs that are *guaranteed* to look good on that kind of computer.

I suggest that for year 2010 it be

1280x1024 pixels

...Then we also need Maximum Recomended Font Size, Recommended GUI Theme, Recommended Desktop Layout etc... :) Do not forget that window sizes greatly changes with all these parameters. Better use some 'relative' parameter, like 'lines of text with widget borders'.

I've already forgotten.

Regardless of screen size huge dialogs isn't a good idea: they're hard to understand and operate.

And, as for me, I use compact 12" laptop with 1024x768px resolution screen and very happy with it. CAD is comfortable enough so I have no reason for greater resolution. Also the reason to keep low-resolution compatibility is educational use: students often haven't modern PCs.

1024 x 768

is all that I take from this.