Re: Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

emmedics4 wrote:
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alain Mouette <alainm@...> wrote:
I am just now talking with Renie Marquet. He is a major contributor in Brazil: translations, tutorials, libs, etc...

He is very woried because he works on Kicad at his work computer (during lunch time, and such), and the resolution is 800x640.

This is a pity because the main screen of Kicad is very nice on small screen because of its' nice toolbars...

This configuration stills, will miss some helper toolbars avaiable for who has room to guest it.
I have problems to see some configuration dialogs at 1280x1024 at the moment and working on reducing it.

Marco,

Please do not "fix" this by reducing the font size. It violates all of the published UI Guidelines (Gnome, MAC, Windows). You should always respect the font size of the current theme. The user may have set the font to that size for a specific reason. I spent a lot of time removing this from from all of the old dialog boxes in Kicad for this very reason. You may have to get creative with the dialog layout to solve the problem. Which configuration dialog are you having problems with? At home I use 1280 x 1024 and I don't recall any dialogs not fitting comfortably in this resolution.

Marco