Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

Hi Dick,

> 1) Corporate adoption of Kicad.

I'm a corporate user and have worked with the big tools like Altium, Mentor Expedition and the latest OrCad. Still I like to give KiCad a chance for small to medium boards, although I could buy Altium.

> I suggest that for year 2010 it be
>
> 1280x1024 pixels

I vote against that. My notebook has a resolution of 1600x900 - but I like to put eeschema and pcbnew side-by-side. In the business I like to be mobile, sure multiple monitors are nice to have.
The mentioned professional programms work well with a lower resolution. As professional you don't want either so much icons to be clicked; usually you know all the hotkeys to be fast ( the first thing that has annoyed me about KiCad, thus I'm changing it!)

Bye..
Torsten