Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

Alain Mouette wrote:
Dick Hollenbeck escreveu:

The cost of converting all the dialogs is far greater than the cost of buying a new computer. I estimate the cost for a qualified developer to go through every dialog in Kicad, reworking most including supporting C++ code, would be in excess of $100,000. Who wants to spend that? Which employer. Would it not be cheaper to buy software, or buy a computer?

The problem of Qualified developer is that it comes down to too few persons. And I would like to thank you, for one, very very much.

There are reasons why this topic came up: 1) you started the thread :) and 2) Lots of dialogs *are* being reworked.

If the ones that are being reworked can be ajusted even partialy, that is fine. What would be nice is to have a consensus and a set of rules for dialogs... Then someone else can work on that :)

Thanks Alain. I don't expect that a "consensus" will be possible. But I hope to identify a "center of gravity". Thanks to all the comments, my personal opinion has seen a great deal of movement during this discussion. I'm currently waiting for Marco or somebody to give us some guidance on what can be achieved with the dialog design rules tabbed dialog. I think that dialog is currently in the honored position of "worse case".

But as I said, I do hope to summarize this and I am not going to drop the ball on it. I just don't think it makes sense to set a goal that is not achievable. That would create false expectations among those that want to run Kicad on a wrist-watch.

So I am particularly interested in any progress that can be made on the design rules dialog.

Reality sucks, but we get used to it

Indeed.

I wouldn't want any pressure on you because it would be unfair...
Thanks again,
Alain