Re: Any objections to hotkeys being displayed in tooltips?

That will be very nice, thanks :)

I am looking forward to a day when everything is definable as hotkeys. I was used with Tango and Orcad to assign a lot of hotkeys, and it ended up making life easyer...

The real problem with hotkeys, and in what aspect Kicad differs from the rest, is that I could do many more single key operations. Explaining: if I wanted to move labels (which is common as the last thing on a board) I jut had to select the layer, point with the mouse and hit *one key* for "M"ove... This is so much different than kicad behaviour that I wonder if it can ever be achieved... Once Move is activated, I could of course use the subcommands "R", "X" and "Y", which is present in some Kicad functions but not all.

Alain

Dingo_aus escreveu:
Ok, so I want to cut my teeth on some development to start helping this project out.

I was thinking of adding the relevant hot-key to the tooltip for each button in eeschema. I intend to do this intelligently by looking up the hotkey value and insterting - so that changes to hotkey will flow through automatically.

Before I go off on a frolic of my own and do this, does anyone have any objections? ie UI design rules, size of tool tips etc?

Thanks,

Nigel

(aka Dingo_aus)
Australia