Re: Styled library work continued [1 Attachment]

Hi,

looks good to me.

Take look at SymbolsSimilarEN60617+oldDIN617.lib in svn tree started by Jean-Pierre.

Milan

Vesa Solonen napsal(a):
In the attachment there is a very rudimentary example of my current
ideas. The style system bases to the raster size 100 with half raster
snapping. There are six size classes ([640k]should be enough for
everyone...) with 'outline' 12, 'thin' 4, 'pin/line' 6, 'bold' 8,
'heavy' 14 and 'thick' 20 percent of the raster.

For some more details please take a look at:
http://users.tkk.fi/~vsolonen/kicad/Symbol_guidelines.txt

About the attachment, bold is used on US resistor symbol, VR wipers and
NMOS Gate. Heavy on EC92 cathode. Thick on EC92 plate, NMOS chanel and
capacitor plates. What I also would like to do is small shrink of the
default resistor length to better match the rest of the symbols. Though
this is something I'm not yet quite decided upon.

I also see that everyone would not be pleased with the exact values I've
chosen, but I'd like to emphasize that this is not one size fits all
solution. It is just to allow dynamic symbol styles without touching the
file structure and allowing line specific classes by using specified
thickness values. Byproduct may be good enough looking default library
though :) Thats where I'm currently aiming at.

Oh and before this discussion diverges too much, it's just about drawing
guidelines, not how to implement pin swapping and all the discussed
features regarding larger library system update. That is something I'm
willing to put effort too, but this guideline work is meant to be usable
for next release and near future.

-Vesa