Re: wxDC zoom break through.

Dick Hollenbeck escreveu:
Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
Yes, good point. But, out of curiosity, why should we have to redistribute a Microsoft header file?

I have participared many times in such discussions... my fist atempt to a solution would be: 1) If the *user* is compiling for windows, assume that he is compiling *on* Windows, a legal copy. 2) There are some Express versions of Microsoft compilers that are free for Windows users. Are the files in this version good for the job? 3) Some script can download the file, or ask the user to do it. It can be interesting to know if a copy can be stored legaly in a miror.
4) As Dick said, the file can be modified on the fly!

Interesting related fact: some years ago, I intended to BUY a C/C++ compiler from Intel, for Windows and Linux. That compiler only works if you already have the windows header files. They do not come with their compiler. (and the reseller could not help me getting them)

Alain