Re: wxDC zoom break through [was: is this linux-kernel ML ?]

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote
> Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > Yes, good point. But, out of curiosity, why should we have to
> > redistribute a Microsoft header file?
> > Besides, aren't there precompiled wxWidgets libraries for Windows anywhere?
> > I don't see why everyone has to compile wxWindows for windows. It
> > should be possible to have a binary repo somewhere, download a binary,
> > and build on top of it at the Kicad <-> wxWidgets boundary.
>
> Really, the essence of my question is, why is this OUR licensing
> problem? Should it not be a problem owned by the wxWidgets team?
> (Assuming of course it is a problem at all.)

On this i agree with Dick, which is the ostative license about this ?
Our users can't use Kicad on Linux/Wine ( why they should as there is the native binary ) some months ago i were able to build kicad also on Solaris SPARC :) ?
Following the same line we should quit to work on X with the nVIDIA (c) driver, Firefox could and why us not ?

Anyway don't tell anyone, still a secret ... http://svn.wxwidgets.org/viewvc/wx?view=revision&revision=62681

--
Marco