Re: Project wide library setup

jean-pierre.charras kirjoitti:

> Language selection is mainly for translators and developers, not for
> users (as said in doc).
> It is useful when testing a translation and (for me) when updating docs.
> And it is already common to all Kicad tools.

Should it be remover from release builds altogether? On Linux, average
user sees a locale error when testing the options, but forced program
native (English) should be available for bug reporting. Otherwise it
will be quite difficult for users to explain precisely what went wrong
especially as bug reports should be in english.

> What is the advantage to have it only in KiCad project manager.

My suggestion was just to put general access to each preference in just
one place. It doesn't much bother me, but some users have asked why
there are language options everywhere.

> Moreover, when changing it in the project manager, it does not have
> effect until:
> 1 - project manager is closed (i.e.) congig is written of disk)
> 2 - others tools (eeschema, pcbnew..) are restarted (to re-read the
> common config).
> This is a regression.

-Vesa