Re: Re: wxDC & wxGraphicsContext Test

Torsten Hüter kirjoitti:

> Like Vesa has written Cairo for the Schematics and OpenGL for the PCB.
> I'll see if I can develop a concept.

Juts to mess this a bit more, I must say that this seemed to be the wise
decision for gEDA, but I'm not too sure it is good for KiCad. Times are
changing, etc... Heck, after reading Qt Labs blog I get even more
doubtful whether the work doing our own OpenGL stack is worth it.

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/category/opengl/

After Nokia bougt Trolltech with licensing Qt commercial/lgpl/gpl
everywhere, I can clearly see why everyone seem to be jumping along.
IMHO they have hit quite a nice compromise that benefits all, but the
most rigorous purists. The commercial backing enables all kinds of
uninteresting and boring work to get done, like writing documentation
and good testing environment (the latter may not me boring though). I'm
unable comment on implementation details details, but I have (finally)
learnt that there is nothing perfect (yet;).

Torsten, I hope you can find time to develop Cairo/OpenGL demo soon and
tip you to take a look at Kicadocaml for ideas. OpenGL trianle strip
seems to be the most optimised way of painting polygons, but that's
probably something you already knew.

http://code.google.com/p/kicadocaml/

Regars,

-Vesa